On Tuesday, February 12, we organized a workshop on the Future of Work at Steelcase‘s offices. This is the very first workshop of 2019 affiliated to our NextGen program and we are getting off to a good start!
We welcomed over 40 participants including CEOs, Comms Directors, Managers from corporates, startups and consulting firms. During the conference, we had the opportunity to hear a panel discussion on how today’s workplace changes and to share best practices to respond to those challenges. We wrapped the event with a nice cocktail dinner, provided by Steelcase.
The key elements to remember
Putting People At The Core
- Technology changes everything and facilitates the way we work
- However, technology is not sufficient by itself. First, spaces are more and more needed to keep the human value. Secondly, talents are essential and there is a need to develop the right skills.
- Human capital needs to be put into the heart of the strategy and an adapted talent strategy needs to be developed.
Peer to Peer learning
- Peer to peer can look at first non-intuitive because we are often not aware of our own capacities and what we can teach others
- However, learning tends to be much more intuitive when it is done through Peer to Peer leaning rather than simple training
Agility & Adaptation
- Creativity is what’s left for us human beings. we need to build well developped spaces to enable and boost creativity
- Today’s leadership is about: Anticipate, Drive, Accelerate, People (Partnerships),Together.
- However, a company’s culture and values is also essential to adapt to change
Thank you to our speakers:
- Charles Puybasset, Co-founder & CEO, Nova France
- Xavier Fuchs, Sales Director, Business Development French speaking markets, Steelcase
- Nathalie Rigaut, Insight Led Experience Consultant, Steelcase
- Victoria Lorenz, Executive Search Partner, Korn Ferry
- Lucie Le Vaillant, Responsable Avant-Projet, Klaxoon
- Dany Agostinho, Strategic Partner Manager, Workplace by Facebook
March 22 – Ticket to America Competition – Come hear and judge the pitches of 6 innovative startups who aim to expand to the US! Register here.
April – Keep an eye on our upcoming NextGen workshop!