The Women's Committee gathers women and men every six weeks to share best practices between French and American companies, and to discuss AmCham's concrete actions to foster women leaders and boost their professional career. With a guest speaker at every session, the meetings take place in the morning at AmCham.
Thanks to this committee, AmCham has implemented three taskforces:
- Mentoring Program: the focus is on increasing professional opportunities for young and mid-career women. It brings together mentors and mentees who are part of AmCham's network. Registration for next year's program are open until 13 July, apply here. Find out more about this program on our dedicated page. This program is run by Audra Shallal and the coordinators.
- Women Coding for Success: an 11-week training program that allows young transatlantic women to acquire technical skills and also build their confidence to ultimately integrate into the tech/digital sector. At the ennd of their training, AmCham helps the participants secure an internship within a partner company. This training program is run by Gayle Gorvett, Noel Thevenet and Raphael Moraglia. Find more info about it here.
- Pitch for Growth: this new initiative will be launched at next year Women's Week Paris 2019. The Pitch for Growth program will aim to propose workshops for women so they can learn to better pitch in front of investors or simply to improve their confidence. The taskforce is currently working on a toolkit. More information coming soon.
The Women's Committee also organises AmCham's Women's Week Paris at the beginning of March every year to celebrate International Women's Rights Day.
AmCham is very engaged to encourage change in the business world. We recently published a white paper stating our position about this subject. Read it here.
- Nicole Gesret - Executive Director Marketing & Communications, AIG
- Shemin Hirji-Nurmohamed - CEO France, Pitney Bowes